2016/05/02

Here are your tasks:
Watch the video, and fill in the 10 blanks below.
Check your answers with 2 classmates.
Sing the song by yourself and then together with a partner or two.
What differences in accent from Canadian English can you find in this song?
Discuss your answers with a partner.
Any additional syllables?
Any vowel changes?
Any consonants changes?
Write down 10 things that happen when a person has a crush on someone or falls in love. How is it different in a different culture?

FILL IN THE BLANKS
COCKNEYS:
It's rather dull in town.
I think I'll take me to Paris.
Mmmmmm.

The missus wants to open up
The castle in Capri.
Mmmmmm.

Me doctor recommends a quiet summer by the sea.
Mmmm. Mmmm.
Wouldn't it be loverly?

ELIZA:
All I want is a _room_(1)__ somewhere,
__(2)_Far_   away from the cold night air,
With one enormous _chair_(3)__.
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?

Lots of _chocklate_(4)__  for me to eat.
Lots of coal makin' lots of 'eat.
Warm face, warm 'ands, warm _feet_(5)__.
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?

Oh, so loverly sittin' absobloominlutely _still_(6)__.
I would never budge 'till _spring_(7)__
Crept over the windowsill.

Someone's 'ead restin' on my _knee_(8)__,
Warm an' _tender_(9)__  as 'e can be,
Who takes good _care_(10)__  of me.
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?
Loverly, loverly, loverly, loverly.

No comments: